What is 8base?
A cloud service designed to power enterprise-grade web and mobile applications that require support for large numbers of users, complex data and transactional requirements, comprehensive role-based security and a modern look-and-feel.
8base is a tool in the Realtime Backend / API category of a tech stack.
Who uses 8base?
3 companies reportedly use 8base in their tech stacks, including Jumpgrowth, fisherman-dev, and cobuildlab.
26 developers on StackShare have stated that they use 8base.
MySQL, GraphQL, AWS Lambda, Salesforce Sales Cloud, and Auth0 are some of the popular tools that integrate with 8base. Here's a list of all 6 tools that integrate with 8base.
Pros of 8base
Built-In User Auth
Awesome next-gen backend
Built-In Roles and Permissions
- A simple but powerful data schema definition.
- Fully redundant, secure and scalable relational database and file storage.
- Built-in role-based security and user administration tools.
- Native connectivity for Salesforce.com and other external data sources.
- Over 30 authentication providers.
- A GraphQL API with advanced filtering, pagination and full-text search capabilities.
- In-document full-text search, optical character recognition and image recognition.
- Support for React, Angular, Vue.js, Swift (iOS), Android and React Native.
- UI scaffolding / UI generator.
- Optional Boost UI Kit.
8base Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to 8base?
See all alternatives
Firebase is a cloud service designed to power real-time, collaborative applications. Simply add the Firebase library to your application to gain access to a shared data structure; any changes you make to that data are automatically synchronized with the Firebase cloud and with other clients within milliseconds.
An open source GraphQL engine that deploys instant, realtime GraphQL APIs on any Postgres database.
It enables real-time bidirectional event-based communication. It works on every platform, browser or device, focusing equally on reliability and speed.
Pusher is the category leader in delightful APIs for app developers building communication and collaboration features.
SignalR allows bi-directional communication between server and client. Servers can now push content to connected clients instantly as it becomes available. SignalR supports Web Sockets, and falls back to other compatible techniques for older browsers. SignalR includes APIs for connection management (for instance, connect and disconnect events), grouping connections, and authorization.