What is Cronyo?
It provides A simple CLI to manage your cron jobs on AWS. In addition, it can instantly deploy a couple of super-simple, helpful and secure lambda functions to perform HTTP GET/POST requests for you. So if you need to trigger any webhooks on schedule, an AWS account and Cronyo is all you need.
Cronyo is a tool in the AWS Tools category of a tech stack.
Cronyo is an open source tool with 323 GitHub stars and 8 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Cronyo's open source repository on GitHub
- Simple command line interface to manage cron jobs (much simpler than aws events put-rules, aws lambda add-permission, aws events put-targets, Cloudformation, or Terraform)
- Pre-built AWS Lambda functions for simple HTTP GET/POST requests, or use your own lambdas
- Cost Effective (you'll need a TON of cron rules to worry about costs)
- Simple but Secure (HTTP GET/POST include an HMAC signature so you can validate the request is genuine)
- Easy deployment of lambda functions using cronyo deploy. No need to twiddle with AWS
- Easily add, delete, enable, disable and export (to yaml) your cron rules
Cronyo Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Cronyo?
See all alternatives
It is a unified tool to manage your AWS services. With just one tool to download and configure, you can control multiple AWS services from the command line and automate them through scripts.
The AWS Command Line Interface is a unified tool to manage your AWS services.
LocalStack provides an easy-to-use test/mocking framework for developing Cloud applications.
The troposphere library allows for easier creation of the AWS CloudFormation JSON by writing Python code to describe the AWS resources. troposphere also includes some basic support for OpenStack resources via Heat.