λ Gordon vs Cronyo: What are the differences?
λ Gordon: A tool to create, wire and deploy AWS Lambdas. Gordon is a tool to create, wire and deploy AWS Lambdas using CloudFormation ; Cronyo: A simple CLI to manage your cron jobs on AWS. It provides A simple CLI to manage your cron jobs on AWS. In addition, it can instantly deploy a couple of super-simple, helpful and secure lambda functions to perform HTTP GET/POST requests for you. So if you need to trigger any webhooks on schedule, an AWS account and Cronyo is all you need.
λ Gordon and Cronyo belong to "AWS Tools" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by λ Gordon are:
- 100% CloudFormation resource creation
- 100% Boilerplate free
- 100% isolated and dead-simple multi-stage and multi region deployments
On the other hand, Cronyo provides the following key features:
- Simple command line interface to manage cron jobs (much simpler than aws events put-rules, aws lambda add-permission, aws events put-targets, Cloudformation, or Terraform)
- Pre-built AWS Lambda functions for simple HTTP GET/POST requests, or use your own lambdas
- Cost Effective (you'll need a TON of cron rules to worry about costs)
λ Gordon is an open source tool with 2.05K GitHub stars and 145 GitHub forks. Here's a link to λ Gordon's open source repository on GitHub.