AWS Shell vs λ Gordon: What are the differences?
Developers describe AWS Shell as "An integrated shell for working with the AWS CLI (by AWS)". The AWS Command Line Interface is a unified tool to manage your AWS services. On the other hand, λ Gordon is detailed as "A tool to create, wire and deploy AWS Lambdas". Gordon is a tool to create, wire and deploy AWS Lambdas using CloudFormation .
AWS Shell and λ Gordon can be categorized as "AWS" tools.
Some of the features offered by AWS Shell are:
- Auto Completion of Commands and Options
- Shorthand Auto Completion
- Server Side Auto Completion
On the other hand, λ Gordon provides the following key features:
- 100% CloudFormation resource creation
- 100% Boilerplate free
- 100% isolated and dead-simple multi-stage and multi region deployments
AWS Shell and λ Gordon are both open source tools. AWS Shell with 4.9K GitHub stars and 410 forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than λ Gordon with 2.04K GitHub stars and 144 GitHub forks.