What is Font Awesome?
You can get vector icons and social logos on your website with it. It is a font that's made up of symbols, icons, or pictograms that you can use in a webpage, just like a font.
Font Awesome is a tool in the Fonts category of a tech stack.
Font Awesome is an open source tool with 71.5K GitHub stars and 12.4K GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Font Awesome's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Font Awesome?
38059 companies reportedly use Font Awesome in their tech stacks, including Z-shadow.info, Somfilms.net, and Esummarizer.com.
17161 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Font Awesome.
Font Awesome Integrations
Pros of Font Awesome
Decisions about Font Awesome
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Font Awesome in their tech stack.
Our whole Vue.js frontend stack (incl. SSR) consists of the following tools:
- Vue Styleguidist as our style guide and pool of developed Vue.js components
- Vuetify as Material Component Framework (for fast app development)
- TypeScript as programming language
- Apollo / GraphQL (incl. GraphiQL) for data access layer (https://apollo.vuejs.org/)
- ESLint, TSLint and Prettier for coding style and code analyzes
- Jest as testing framework
- Google Fonts and Font Awesome for typography and icon toolkit
- NativeScript-Vue for mobile development
The main reason we have chosen Vue.js over React and AngularJS is related to the following artifacts:
- Empowered HTML. Vue.js has many similar approaches with Angular. This helps to optimize HTML blocks handling with the use of different components.
- Detailed documentation. Vue.js has very good documentation which can fasten learning curve for developers.
- Adaptability. It provides a rapid switching period from other frameworks. It has similarities with Angular and React in terms of design and architecture.
- Awesome integration. Vue.js can be used for both building single-page applications and more difficult web interfaces of apps. Smaller interactive parts can be easily integrated into the existing infrastructure with no negative effect on the entire system.
- Large scaling. Vue.js can help to develop pretty large reusable templates.
- Tiny size. Vue.js weights around 20KB keeping its speed and flexibility. It allows reaching much better performance in comparison to other frameworks.
Font Awesome Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Font Awesome?
See all alternatives
A library of 915 free licensed fonts, an interactive web directory for browsing the library, and APIs for conveniently using the fonts via CSS and Android.
Bootstrap is the most popular HTML, CSS, and JS framework for developing responsive, mobile first projects on the web.
Premium designed icons for use in web, iOS, Android, and desktop apps. Support for SVG and web font. Completely open source and MIT licensed.
Material Design is a unified system that combines theory, resources, and tools for crafting digital experiences.
It is an online service which offers a subscription library of high-quality fonts. The fonts may be used directly on websites or synced via Adobe Creative Cloud to applications on the subscriber's computers.