What is Proto.io?
Proto.io supports all the major mobile gestures and touch events like tap, tap-hold, swipe, pinch, and zoom. Interaction designers are not limited to a single ‘link’ transition anymore. Instead they can apply animated screen transitions like slide, fade, pop, flip, flow, and turn.
Proto.io is a tool in the Interactive Mockups category of a tech stack.
Who uses Proto.io?
13 companies reportedly use Proto.io in their tech stacks, including Digital Services, Box, and DAILYHOTEL.
28 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Proto.io.
Pros of Proto.io
Easy to get started with a good set of UI controls
Try prototype on mobile device
Design on site, better than simply importing stuff
- Interactive designs
- Prototype for all devices
- Wonderful UI libraries
- Actual device testing
- Share, add comments
- Publish and Export to HTML
- States, Animations & Timelines
- Drag & Rotate
- Variables & Item properties
- Intuitive editor interface with drag-n-drop features, no coding required
- Silly-fast mobile prototyping
- Templates and reusable containers for easy development
- Powerful digital asset manager
- HTML5 fonts support
- Auto-save function
- Version history and rollback
- 100% web-based, nothing to install
- Custom branding for your account and prototypes
- Overwhelming technical support
- Extensive documentation, screencasts, examples and sample prototypes
Proto.io Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Proto.io?
See all alternatives
InVision lets you create stunningly realistic interactive wireframes and prototypes without compromising your creative vision.
It makes it easy to design animated and interactive user interfaces. Whether you're designing the flow of a multi-screen app, or new interactions and animations, it helps you create designs that look and feel amazing.
Easily create complex shapes with our state-of-the-art vector boolean operations and take advantage of our extensive layer styles.
It is a prototyping tool that lets you design, test and get feedback on your app ideas quickly and without needing to know how to code.
A vector-based tool developed and published by Adobe Inc for designing and prototyping user experience for web and mobile apps.