1&1 vs Namecheap: What are the differences?
Developers describe 1&1 as "Got a great idea? Get a great domain!". As a recognized partner of VeriSign®, WebSite.ws, ICANN and more; we make domain name registration simple and seamless. Launch your next web project with 1&1 today!. On the other hand, Namecheap is detailed as "Cheap Domain Names Registration". We provide a set of DNS servers spread across the US and Europe to deliver highly reliable DNS services to everyone. By choosing Namecheap.com as your domain registrar, you are choosing a highly reputable and reliable partner. Namecheap.com is rated 4.6 out of 5 - Based on 1,395 reviews via Google Checkout.
1&1 and Namecheap can be categorized as "Domain Registration" tools.
Some of the features offered by 1&1 are:
- FREE Private Domain Name Registration (not available for .us or .co and .ca)
- 5 Page Starter Website Builder
- E-Mail Account with 2GB Mailbox Space
On the other hand, Namecheap provides the following key features:
- URL Forwarding (no-ads)- Redirect your domain visitors to any URL or website of your choice. You can cloak the URL to hide the destination.
- Email Forwarding (no-ads)- Create and redirect @yourdomain.tld email addresses to other email accounts of your choice.
- Reliable DNS servers- Modify record types like A address, MX, MXE, CNAME and TXT in real time and at no extra cost.
Njalla respects privacy unlike many alternatives out there, this allows for us to manage domains and services strategically. They are one of the few companies that align with our own views on privacy. We also utilize their virtual private servers to create a secondary network for redundancy in our infrastructure.