amCharts vs C3.js: What are the differences?
amCharts and C3.js belong to "Charting Libraries" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by amCharts are:
- Free or Commercial
- All chart and map types you might need
- Works on all modern browsers and also old IE
On the other hand, C3.js provides the following key features:
- Comfortable - C3 makes it easy to generate D3-based charts by wrapping the code required to construct the entire chart. We don't need to write D3 code any more.
- Customizable - C3 gives some classes to each element when generating, so you can define a custom style by the class and it's possible to extend the structure directly by D3.
- Controllable - C3 provides a variety of APIs and callbacks to access the state of the chart. By using them, you can update the chart even if after it's rendered.
C3.js is an open source tool with 8.42K GitHub stars and 1.4K GitHub forks. Here's a link to C3.js's open source repository on GitHub.