Apportable vs Xamarin: What are the differences?
Developers describe Apportable as "Objective-C for Android". Apportable lets you cross-compile your iOS app and re-use the same code across platforms. On the other hand, Xamarin is detailed as "Create iOS, Android and Mac apps in C#". Xamarin’s Mono-based products enable .NET developers to use their existing code, libraries and tools (including Visual Studio*), as well as skills in .NET and the C# programming language, to create mobile applications for the industry’s most widely-used mobile devices, including Android-based smartphones and tablets, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Apportable and Xamarin can be primarily classified as "Cross-Platform Mobile Development" tools.
Some of the features offered by Apportable are:
- Apportable compiles your app to run natively on Android, with speed and playability that rivals the iOS version
- We bake in performance optimizations for the latest devices and firmware updates, and Android-specific functionality such as "Lights Out" mode, hardware specific buttons, and more
On the other hand, Xamarin provides the following key features:
- Cross-platform development- Thinking about supporting iOS, Android, Mac and Windows? Xamarin allows you to write it all in C#.
- Reuse existing code- Use your favorite .NET libraries in Xamarin apps. Easily use third-party native libraries and frameworks.
- Discover as you type- Explore APIs as you type with code autocompletion.
What is Apportable?
What is Xamarin?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Apportable?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Apportable?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Apportable?
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
I'm working in Huge company and I'm in charge to choose the cross-platform environment to develop Mobile application for all our services. I choose Xamarin but because the error i get everytime in Visual Studio, I want to leave it and recommand another solution. In fact that's why I'm here.
Weird, Install VS2017 with Xamarin on a new PC Create a new app GOT ERRORS.....!!!!!
Thank you for considering this
Xamarin enables us to develop for 3 platforms (iOS, Android and Windows Phone) with one core codebase coded in C#. Xamarin has allowed us to release an app on all three platforms and develop them simultaneously - not bad for a team of 2!
Self taught : acquired knowledge or skill on one's own initiative. Platform: OSX 10.8 or later. Mac computer user.
Build & ship OS X & iOS apps from Visual Studio on Windows. Requires paid team license.