Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Authy vs LastPass: What are the differences?
What is Authy? The easiest way to add Two-Factor Authentication to any website or app. We make the best rated Two-Factor Authentication smartphone app for consumers, a Rest API for developers and a strong authentication platform for the enterprise.
What is LastPass? Password manager that works with all browsers & smartphones. LastPass Enterprise offers your employees and admins a single, unified experience that combines the power of SAML SSO coupled with enterprise-class password vaulting. LastPass is your first line of defense in the battle to protect your digital assets from the significant risks associated with employee password re-use and phishing.
Authy belongs to "Security" category of the tech stack, while LastPass can be primarily classified under "Password Management".
Some of the features offered by Authy are:
- Very secure- We take security seriously. We use industry standard secure algorithms (HMAC RFC 4426) and 256 bits keys which are always encrypted at rest.
- Fully redundant- The Authy API is deployed accross different PCI level 1 data-centers and it's fully redundant. We also use a DNS provider with anycast support. We've had 100% availability since 2011.
- Great user experience- You connect to Authy using a transparent REST API which allows you to customize the experience you want for your users.
On the other hand, LastPass provides the following key features:
- Save as You Go
- Hassle-Free Login
- Centralize Your Data
According to the StackShare community, LastPass has a broader approval, being mentioned in 34 company stacks & 27 developers stacks; compared to Authy, which is listed in 20 company stacks and 5 developer stacks.
Pros of Authy
- Google Authenticator-compatible1
Pros of LastPass
- Synchronised across browsers19
- Chrome plugin16
- Passwords stored encrpyted14
- All devices8
- Central servers do not have keys8
- Better then lesspass2
- The most cost-effective b/t Roboform and 1Password2
- company wide2
- Free plan1
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Cons of Authy
- Terrible UI on mobile2
Cons of LastPass
- UI for admins is an inconsistent mess3
- Slow, unpredictable sync when sharing passwords2