AWS CloudFormation vs NetBeans IDE: What are the differences?
AWS CloudFormation: Create and manage a collection of related AWS resources. You can use AWS CloudFormation’s sample templates or create your own templates to describe the AWS resources, and any associated dependencies or runtime parameters, required to run your application. You don’t need to figure out the order in which AWS services need to be provisioned or the subtleties of how to make those dependencies work; NetBeans IDE: Quickly and easily develop desktop, mobile and web applications with Java, HTML5, PHP, C/C++ and more. NetBeans IDE is FREE, open source, and has a worldwide community of users and developers.
AWS CloudFormation can be classified as a tool in the "Infrastructure Build Tools" category, while NetBeans IDE is grouped under "Integrated Development Environment".
Some of the features offered by AWS CloudFormation are:
- AWS CloudFormation comes with the following ready-to-run sample templates: WordPress (blog),Tracks (project tracking), Gollum (wiki used by GitHub), Drupal (content management), Joomla (content management), Insoshi (social apps), Redmine (project mgmt)
- No Need to Reinvent the Wheel – A template can be used repeatedly to create identical copies of the same stack (or to use as a foundation to start a new stack)
- Transparent and Open – Templates are simple JSON formatted text files that can be placed under your normal source control mechanisms, stored in private or public locations such as Amazon S3 and exchanged via email.
On the other hand, NetBeans IDE provides the following key features:
- Best Support for Latest Java Technologies
- Fast & Smart Code Editing
- Easy & Efficient Project Management
"Automates infrastructure deployments" is the top reason why over 36 developers like AWS CloudFormation, while over 63 developers mention "Rich features" as the leading cause for choosing NetBeans IDE.
TimeHop, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and Obama for America Campaign 2012 are some of the popular companies that use AWS CloudFormation, whereas NetBeans IDE is used by Edify, Campaign Panel, and inFeedo. AWS CloudFormation has a broader approval, being mentioned in 195 company stacks & 75 developers stacks; compared to NetBeans IDE, which is listed in 61 company stacks and 45 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is AWS CloudFormation?
What is NetBeans IDE?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions