Why people like
Android Studio is a new Android development environment based on IntelliJ IDEA. It provides new features and improvements over Eclipse ADT and will be the official Android IDE once it's ready.
- Flexible Gradle-based build system.
- Build variants and multiple APK generation.
- Expanded template support for Google Services and various device types.
- Rich layout editor with support for theme editing.
- Lint tools to catch performance, usability, version compatibility, and other problems.
- ProGuard and app-signing capabilities.
- Built-in support for Google Cloud Platform, making it easy to integrate Google Cloud Messaging and App Engine.