AWS Data Pipeline vs Coupler.io: What are the differences?
What is AWS Data Pipeline? Process and move data between different AWS compute and storage services. AWS Data Pipeline is a web service that provides a simple management system for data-driven workflows. Using AWS Data Pipeline, you define a pipeline composed of the “data sources” that contain your data, the “activities” or business logic such as EMR jobs or SQL queries, and the “schedule” on which your business logic executes. For example, you could define a job that, every hour, runs an Amazon Elastic MapReduce (Amazon EMR)–based analysis on that hour’s Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) log data, loads the results into a relational database for future lookup, and then automatically sends you a daily summary email.
What is Coupler.io? Pull your data from various apps straight to Google Sheets. Automate data flow and streamline business processes. It pulls your data from Airtable, Xero, HubSpot, Jira and other apps to Google Sheets on a set schedule with no coding required We created the product to help entrepreneurs and small business representatives automatically extract their data from various apps and load it to Google Sheets. .
AWS Data Pipeline and Coupler.io can be primarily classified as "Data Transfer" tools.
Some of the features offered by AWS Data Pipeline are:
- You can find (and use) a variety of popular AWS Data Pipeline tasks in the AWS Management Console’s template section.
- Hourly analysis of Amazon S3‐based log data
- Daily replication of AmazonDynamoDB data to Amazon S3
On the other hand, Coupler.io provides the following key features:
- Gives a live feed of raw data in a simple format, allowing you to easily access, share and analyze it
- It supports automatic data refreshes
- The add-on offers replace (rewrites all) and append (adds new rows only) import modes.