AWS Lambda vs Graphcool Framework: What are the differences?
AWS Lambda: Automatically run code in response to modifications to objects in Amazon S3 buckets, messages in Kinesis streams, or updates in DynamoDB. AWS Lambda is a compute service that runs your code in response to events and automatically manages the underlying compute resources for you. You can use AWS Lambda to extend other AWS services with custom logic, or create your own back-end services that operate at AWS scale, performance, and security; Graphcool Framework: ⚡️ Framework to develop & deploy serverless GraphQL backends. Graphcool is an open-source backend development framework to develop and deploy production-ready GraphQL microservices. The Graphcool Framework is a comprehensive collection of building blocks covering the entire spectrum of developing modern, data-centric GraphQL APIs.
AWS Lambda and Graphcool Framework can be primarily classified as "Serverless / Task Processing" tools.
Some of the features offered by AWS Lambda are:
- Extend other AWS services with custom logic
- Build custom back-end services
- Completely Automated Administration
On the other hand, Graphcool Framework provides the following key features:
- GraphQL database: A GraphQL database that allows you to query, mutate & stream data via the GraphQL CRUD API. It also contains a powerful database migration tool that lets you define and evolve your data model using GraphQL SDL.
- Powerful permission system: Protects your GraphQL API with a powerful permission system based on rules you define in terms of simple GraphQL permission queries.
- GraphQL subscription API: With the Graphcool Framework, realtime functionality (based on GraphQL subscriptions) comes for free. Your mutations automatically publish subscription events to the event gateway which forwards updates to all subscribed clients.q
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is AWS Lambda?
What is Graphcool Framework?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions