AzureDataStudio vs Pg_timetable: What are the differences?
AzureDataStudio: A cross-platform database tool for data professionals *. It is a cross-platform database tool for data professionals using the Microsoft family of on-premises and cloud data platforms on Windows, MacOS, and Linux; *Pg_timetable:** PostgreSQL Job Scheduling. It is an advanced job scheduler for PostgreSQL, offering many advantages over traditional schedulers such as cron and others. It is completely database driven and provides a couple of advanced concepts.
AzureDataStudio and Pg_timetable can be categorized as "Database" tools.
Some of the features offered by AzureDataStudio are:
- Cross-Platform DB management for Windows, macOS and Linux with simple XCopy deployment
- SQL Server Connection Management with Connection Dialog, Server Groups, Azure Integration and Registered Servers
- Object Explorer supporting schema browsing and contextual command execution
On the other hand, Pg_timetable provides the following key features:
- Tasks can be arranged in chains
- A chain can consist of SQL and executables
- Parameters can be passed to chains
AzureDataStudio is an open source tool with 5.54K GitHub stars and 480 GitHub forks. Here's a link to AzureDataStudio's open source repository on GitHub.