What is AzureDataStudio?
It is a cross-platform database tool for data professionals using the Microsoft family of on-premises and cloud data platforms on Windows, MacOS, and Linux.
AzureDataStudio is a tool in the Database Tools category of a tech stack.
AzureDataStudio is an open source tool with 7.1K GitHub stars and 841 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to AzureDataStudio's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses AzureDataStudio?
18 companies reportedly use AzureDataStudio in their tech stacks, including Alibaba Travels, Armut, and Weland Solutions AB.
62 developers on StackShare have stated that they use AzureDataStudio.
Git, Microsoft SQL Server, Linux, Windows, and macOS are some of the popular tools that integrate with AzureDataStudio. Here's a list of all 7 tools that integrate with AzureDataStudio.
Decisions about AzureDataStudio
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose AzureDataStudio in their tech stack.
Software Engineer at Blitzscaletech Software Solution · | 4 upvotes · 539K views
Which tools are preferred if I choose to work on more data side? Which one is good if I decide to work on web development? I'm using DBeaver and am now considering a move to AzureDataStudio to break the monotony while working. I would like to hear your opinion. Which one are you using, and what are the things you are missing in dbeaver or data studio.
- Cross-Platform DB management for Windows, macOS and Linux with simple XCopy deployment
- SQL Server Connection Management with Connection Dialog, Server Groups, Azure Integration and Registered Servers
- Object Explorer supporting schema browsing and contextual command execution
- T-SQL Query Editor with advanced coding features such as autosuggestions, error diagnostics, tooltips, formatting and peek definition
- Query Results Viewer with advanced data grid supporting large result sets, export to JSON\CSV\Excel, query plan and charting
- Management Dashboard supporting customizable widgets with drill-through actionable insights
- Visual Data Editor that enables direct row insertion, update and deletion into tables
AzureDataStudio Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to AzureDataStudio?
See all alternatives
It is a modern database query and access library for Scala. It allows you to work with stored data almost as if you were using Scala collections while at the same time giving you full control over when a database access happens and which data is transferred.
A cross-platform IDE that is aimed at DBAs and developers working with SQL databases.
It makes it easy to use data access technologies, relational and non-relational databases, map-reduce frameworks, and cloud-based data services. This is an umbrella project which contains many subprojects that are specific to a given database.
Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
It is an integrated environment for managing any SQL infrastructure, from SQL Server to Azure SQL Database. It provides tools to configure, monitor, and administer instances of SQL Server and databases. Use it to deploy, monitor, and upgrade the data-tier components used by your applications, as well as build queries and scripts.
It is a free multi-platform database tool for developers, SQL programmers, database administrators and analysts. Supports all popular databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Sybase, Teradata, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc.