What is Snowplow?
Snowplow is a real-time event data pipeline that lets you track, contextualize, validate and model your customers’ behaviour across your entire digital estate.
Snowplow is a tool in the Custom Analytics category of a tech stack.
Snowplow is an open source tool with 5K GitHub stars and 1K GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Snowplow's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Snowplow?
30 companies reportedly use Snowplow in their tech stacks, including Tilt, www.autotrader.co.uk, and JustWatch.
22 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Snowplow.
PostgreSQL, Amazon S3, Elasticsearch, Microsoft Azure, and Kafka are some of the popular tools that integrate with Snowplow. Here's a list of all 16 tools that integrate with Snowplow.
Why developers like Snowplow?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Snowplow
- Track rich events from your websites, mobile apps, server-side systems, third party systems and any type of connected device, so that you have a record of what happened, when, and to whom
- Load your data into your data warehouse of choice to power sophisticated analytics
- Process your data including validating, enriching and modeling it
- Your data is available in real-time via Amazon Kinesis, Google Pub/Sub and BigQuery to power real-time applications and reports
- Your data pipeline is running in your cloud environment giving you full ownership and control of your data
Snowplow Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Snowplow?
See all alternatives
Google Analytics lets you measure your advertising ROI as well as track your Flash, video, and social networking sites and applications.
Segment is a single hub for customer data. Collect your data in one place, then send it to more than 100 third-party tools, internal systems, or Amazon Redshift with the flip of a switch.
Mixpanel is an advanced analytics service that helps improve web and mobile applications by tracking how users interact & engage with them.
Piwik is a full featured PHP MySQL software program that you download and install on your own webserver. Piwik aims to be a Free software alternative to Google Analytics, and is already used on more than 1,000,000 websites. Privacy is built-in!
Heap automatically captures every user action in your app and lets you measure it all. Clicks, taps, swipes, form submissions, page views, and more. Track events and segment users instantly. No pushing code. No waiting for data to trickle in.