Why people like
Elasticsearch is a distributed, RESTful search and analytics engine capable of storing data and searching it in near real time. Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats and Logstash are the Elastic Stack (sometimes called the ELK Stack).
- Distributed and Highly Available Search Engine.
- Multi Tenant with Multi Types.
- Various set of APIs including RESTful
- Clients available in many languages including Java, Python, .NET, C#, Groovy, and more
- Document oriented
- Reliable, Asynchronous Write Behind for long term persistency.
- (Near) Real Time Search.
- Built on top of Apache Lucene
- Per operation consistency
- Inverted indices with finite state transducers for full-text querying
- BKD trees for storing numeric and geo data
- Column store for analytics
- Compatible with Hadoop using the ES-Hadoop connector
- Open Source under Apache 2 and Elastic License.
tools that are known for: