Azure Key Vault vs Trend Micro IMSVA: What are the differences?
Developers describe Azure Key Vault as "Safeguard cryptographic keys and other secrets used by cloud apps and services". Secure key management is essential to protect data in the cloud. Use Azure Key Vault to encrypt keys and small secrets like passwords that use keys stored in hardware security modules (HSMs). For more assurance, import or generate keys in HSMs, and Microsoft processes your keys in FIPS 140-2 Level 2 validated HSMs (hardware and firmware). With Key Vault, Microsoft doesn’t see or extract your keys. Monitor and audit your key use with Azure logging—pipe logs into Azure HDInsight or your security information and event management (SIEM) solution for more analysis and threat detection. On the other hand, Trend Micro IMSVA is detailed as "A comprehensive protection against both traditional and targeted attacks". It provides the most comprehensive protection against both traditional and targeted attacks. Using the correlated intelligence from Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ and optional sandbox execution analysis, it blocks spam, phishing, and advanced persistent threats (APTs).
Azure Key Vault and Trend Micro IMSVA belong to "Data Security Services" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Azure Key Vault are:
- Increase security and control over keys and passwords
- Create and import encryption keys in minutes
- Applications have no direct access to keys
On the other hand, Trend Micro IMSVA provides the following key features:
- Minimizes targeted attacks with ScanMail™ multiple protections
- Performs execution analysis on your unique environment, and provides custom threat intelligence via Trend Micro™ Deep Discovery™ Analyzer integration (optional)
- Detects spear phishing emails with Trend Micro Social Engineering Attack Protection