Azure Machine Learning vs BigML: What are the differences?
What is Azure Machine Learning? A fully-managed cloud service for predictive analytics. Azure Machine Learning is a fully-managed cloud service that enables data scientists and developers to efficiently embed predictive analytics into their applications, helping organizations use massive data sets and bring all the benefits of the cloud to machine learning.
What is BigML? Machine Learning, made simple. Predictive analytics for big data and not-so-big data. BigML provides a hosted machine learning platform for advanced analytics. Through BigML's intuitive interface and/or its open API and bindings in several languages, analysts, data scientists and developers alike can quickly build fully actionable predictive models and clusters that can easily be incorporated into related applications and services.
Azure Machine Learning and BigML can be primarily classified as "Machine Learning as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Azure Machine Learning are:
- Designed for new and experienced users
- Proven algorithms from MS Research, Xbox and Bing
- First class support for the open source language R
On the other hand, BigML provides the following key features:
- REST API
- bindings in Pyton, Java, Ruby, node.js, C#, Clojure, PHP, and more
- several algorithms, including categorical & regression decision trees, ensembles of trees (random decision forest), cluster analysis and more