CDAP vs BDS: What are the differences?
What is CDAP? Open source virtualization platform for Hadoop data and apps. Cask Data Application Platform (CDAP) is an open source application development platform for the Hadoop ecosystem that provides developers with data and application virtualization to accelerate application development, address a broader range of real-time and batch use cases, and deploy applications into production while satisfying enterprise requirements.
What is BDS? *Blockchain data parsing and persisting results *. It is a realtime data aggregating, analyzing and visualization service for chain-like unstructured data from all kinds of 3rd party Blockchains.
CDAP belongs to "Big Data Tools" category of the tech stack, while BDS can be primarily classified under "Blockchain".
Some of the features offered by CDAP are:
- Streams for data ingestion
- Reusable libraries for common Big Data access patterns
- Data available to multiple applications and different paradigms
On the other hand, BDS provides the following key features:
- Cover dozens of well-known Blockchain projects, including BTC, ETH, LTC, XRP, BCH, etc
- Provide an interactive data visualization BI tool
- Support standard SQL Query statements so that complex query logics can be implemented easily
CDAP and BDS are both open source tools. CDAP with 359 GitHub stars and 184 forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than BDS with 324 GitHub stars and 42 GitHub forks.