Cask Data Application Platform (CDAP) is an open source application development platform for the Hadoop ecosystem that provides developers with data and application virtualization to accelerate application development, address a broader range of real-time and batch use cases, and deploy applications into production while satisfying enterprise requirements.
- Streams for data ingestion
- Reusable libraries for common Big Data access patterns
- Data available to multiple applications and different paradigms
- Framework level guarantees
- Full development lifecycle and production deployment
- Standardization of applications across programming paradigms