CDAP vs StreamSets: What are the differences?
What is CDAP? Open source virtualization platform for Hadoop data and apps. Cask Data Application Platform (CDAP) is an open source application development platform for the Hadoop ecosystem that provides developers with data and application virtualization to accelerate application development, address a broader range of real-time and batch use cases, and deploy applications into production while satisfying enterprise requirements.
What is StreamSets? Where DevOps Meets Data Integration. The industry's first data operations platform for full life-cycle management of data in motion.
CDAP and StreamSets can be primarily classified as "Big Data" tools.
Some of the features offered by CDAP are:
- Streams for data ingestion
- Reusable libraries for common Big Data access patterns
- Data available to multiple applications and different paradigms
On the other hand, StreamSets provides the following key features:
- Build Batch & Streaming Pipelines in Hours
- Map and Monitor Runtime Performance
- Protect Sensitive Data as it Arrives
CDAP is an open source tool with 355 GitHub stars and 182 GitHub forks. Here's a link to CDAP's open source repository on GitHub.