Why people like
Amazon Kinesis can collect and process hundreds of gigabytes of data per second from hundreds of thousands of sources, allowing you to easily write applications that process information in real-time, from sources such as web site click-streams, marketing and financial information, manufacturing instrumentation and social media, and operational logs and metering data.
- Real-time Processing- Amazon Kinesis enables you to collect and analyze information in real-time, allowing you to answer questions about the current state of your data, from inventory levels to stock trade frequencies, rather than having to wait for an out-of-date report.
- Easy to use- You can create a new stream, set the throughput requirements, and start streaming data quickly and easily. Amazon Kinesis automatically provisions and manages the storage required to reliably and durably collect your data stream.
- High throughput. Elastic.- Amazon Kinesis seamlessly scales to match the data throughput rate and volume of your data, from megabytes to terabytes per hour. Amazon Kinesis will scale up or down based on your needs.
- Integrate with Amazon S3, Amazon Redshift, and Amazon DynamoDB- With Amazon Kinesis, you can reliably collect, process, and transform all of your data in real-time before delivering it to data stores of your choice, where it can be used by existing or new applications. Connectors enable integration with Amazon S3, Amazon Redshift, and Amazon DynamoDB.
- Build Kinesis Applications- Amazon Kinesis provides developers with client libraries that enable the design and operation of real-time data processing applications. Just add the Amazon Kinesis Client Library to your Java application and it will be notified when new data is available for processing.
- Low Cost- Amazon Kinesis is cost-efficient for workloads of any scale. You can pay as you go, and you’ll only pay for the resources you use. You can get started by provisioning low throughput streams, and only pay a low hourly rate for the throughput you need.