Bitcasa vs Dropmark: What are the differences?
Bitcasa: Your External Hard Drive in the Cloud. Your personal cloud storage platform. Simple, private & secure, as much space as you need, for all your devices; Dropmark: Dead simple collaboration in the cloud. Dropmark offers super simple drag-and-drop file sharing, like a number of web apps before it, but if you want to use it for more you can create presentations, slideshows, and collaborate with others just as easily.
Bitcasa and Dropmark can be primarily classified as "File Storage" tools.
Some of the features offered by Bitcasa are:
- Your data is yours alone. - Your files are encrypted before they leave your computer, meaning only you can see the contents.
- Store once, access anywhere. - Have a movie you want to watch, but can’t find the right movie player? Bitcasa can play it, including on your mobile phone.
- Bitcasa never runs out of space. - Rather than just “syncing” your files between computers, Bitcasa is like an external hard drive that you can access anywhere.
On the other hand, Dropmark provides the following key features:
- Drag & Drop- Drag and drop files right from your desktop or web browser. Your files will be automatically uploaded to the cloud.
- Collaborate with your team- Invite colleagues to view and collaborate privately. Share your work with clients and skip e-mail and social media clutter. No sign up required for invited guests.
- Fullscreen presentations- Say goodbye to Powerpoint. Every Dropmark collection can be viewed as a fullscreen presentation. Mix images, videos, websites, and more.