What is Box?
Who uses Box?
Why developers like Box?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Box in their tech stack.
I use box as an broker between my phone's data storage and my home networks backup storage. Box allowed me to automated backup of photos and videos to their cloud storage and in turn, schedule syncs of this data from Box to local network storage. This is a decent solution for me as it essentially offers on-premises backup in case I lose my phone and it also offers off-site back up inherently in case of local data loss, fire, etc. Box
We use Box because I have always been a fan of Box over other platforms and ever since we've adapted to Box, the company has been running very smooth with storage and file sharing.
- Enterprise-grade file sharing
- Native mobile apps
- File sharing links
- Desktop App
- Version History
- Share folders
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and AES-256 bit encryption
- Password protected sharing
- Full-text search
- SDK's for iOS, Android, Python, Ruby, Java, OS X (thrid party: C# .NET, PHP, JS, Nodejs, Perl)
- API/SDK's allow for: Reading and writing files, sharing, search, comments, and restoring files to past revisions