CodeGuard vs BorgBase: What are the differences?
What is CodeGuard? Time machine for your website. Backup, monitor, and undo changes. CodeGuard offers the most reliable backup on the market with 99.999999999% reliability. We achieve this by replicating your data in secure locations across the world and backing up your site automatically, everyday. Our dashboard tells you exactly when your next backup will occur, how many files were added, changed, or deleted in your previous backups, and lays all of this information out in an easy to understand way.
What is BorgBase? Simple and Secure Offsite Backups. It is a dedicated hosting service for Borg backup repositories. It allows you to manage all your backups in one place and use powerful Borg features, like append-only mode in a simple way. You get 10 GB free backup space after signing up (no credit card required).
CodeGuard and BorgBase can be primarily classified as "Backup as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by CodeGuard are:
- First connect your website to CodeGuard by giving us your sftp/ftp/mySQL information. We take an initial backup and show you real time updates of its progress.
- Monitor daily for changes.- During monitoring if we detect a change we send you a ChangeAlert email notifying you of what was added, modified, or deleted and when.
- You can restore your website or database to any previous backup version. You can download a zip of the contents at any time, choose an automatic restore, or restore individual files and folders.
On the other hand, BorgBase provides the following key features:
- Encrypted and Append-Only
- Free and Open Source since 2010
- Monitoring Included