butterdb vs DataNitro: What are the differences?
What is butterdb? A Python ORM for Google Drive Spreadsheets. butterdb is a library to help you work with Google Spreadsheet data. It lets you model your data as Python objects, to be easily manipulated or created.
What is DataNitro? Replacing VBA in Excel with Python. Build live streaming dashboards and complex mathematical models, all in Excel. You can use DataNitro to turn a spreadsheet into a database GUI - or a web server backend.
butterdb and DataNitro can be primarily classified as "Spreadsheets as a Backend" tools.
Some of the features offered by butterdb are:
- Store data in Google Spreadsheets (the cloud!!!)
- Models from classes
- Fields as attributes. decimals, ints and strings only (as far as I know)
On the other hand, DataNitro provides the following key features:
- Build Models - Leverage Python's finance, math and stat libraries.
- Get Data - Automate input from databases, feeds and internet sources.
- Work Fast - Build prototypes with a fraction of the code.
butterdb is an open source tool with 344 GitHub stars and 13 GitHub forks. Here's a link to butterdb's open source repository on GitHub.