ClearDB vs TrueVault: What are the differences?
Developers describe ClearDB as "Fault tolerant database-as-a-service in the cloud for your MySQL powered applications". ClearDB uses a combination of advanced replication techniques, advanced cluster technology, and layered web services to provide you with a MySQL database that is "smarter" than usual. On the other hand, TrueVault is detailed as "HIPAA compliant Database as a Service". TrueVault was built to help startups simplify the complexities of HIPAA. TrueVault will save you hundreds of dev hours. Focus on building your software's core functionality, and let TrueVault protect your data at HIPAA-security levels.
ClearDB and TrueVault can be primarily classified as "SQL Database as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by ClearDB are:
- Global Multi-Master Design- ClearDB uses geo-distributed MySQL database configurations for the ultimate in database availability, survivability, and performance. Even if whole cloud regions go offline, your database will stay online.
- Completely Fault Tolerant- ClearDB is the only cloud database in the market today that offers true multi-regional read/write mirroring with 100% uptime, even if networks or disks fail.
- Native MySQL- Our clusters use native MySQL so that you don't have to worry about re-tuning your applications to work with ClearDB.
On the other hand, TrueVault provides the following key features:
- HIPAA Compliant - We handle all of the technical requirements mandated by the HIPAA Security Rule. Typical integration takes days and saves months of dev time.
- Built for Developers- Store and search protected health information (PHI) in any file format with a simple RESTful API. No pre-defined schemas to follow.
- BAA + Insurance - TrueVault will sign a Business Associate Agreement (BAA), and protects customers under a comprehensive Privacy/Data Breach insurance policy.