CodeKit vs NetBeans IDE: What are the differences?
CodeKit can be classified as a tool in the "Live Reloading" category, while NetBeans IDE is grouped under "Integrated Development Environment".
Some of the features offered by CodeKit are:
- Auto-Refresh Browsers - Refresh browsers across devices: Mac, PC, iOS, Android & kitchen fridge. Never hit command+R again.
- Bower Built-In - Install 6,000+ components with a single click: Bootstrap, jQuery, Modernizr, Zurb Foundation, even WordPress.
On the other hand, NetBeans IDE provides the following key features:
- Best Support for Latest Java Technologies
- Fast & Smart Code Editing
- Easy & Efficient Project Management
"Easy to configure" is the top reason why over 6 developers like CodeKit, while over 63 developers mention "Rich features" as the leading cause for choosing NetBeans IDE.
What is CodeKit?
What is NetBeans IDE?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using CodeKit?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
NetBeans is my major java development platform. Used it for scala programming as well. Installed many plugin and wrote plenty snippet for speeding up development.
NetBeans is a simple yet functional IDE. If you are a beginner in java, this is the way to go!
The best IDE for software development. Amazing for projects with several languages involved.