DataNitro vs Sheetlabs: What are the differences?
DataNitro: Replacing VBA in Excel with Python. Build live streaming dashboards and complex mathematical models, all in Excel. You can use DataNitro to turn a spreadsheet into a database GUI - or a web server backend; Sheetlabs: Turn your spreadsheets into APIs effortlessly. Drag & drop your data, name your API and choose what data people can see - that's it. Documentation is created automatically.
DataNitro and Sheetlabs can be primarily classified as "Spreadsheets as a Backend" tools.
Some of the features offered by DataNitro are:
- Build Models - Leverage Python's finance, math and stat libraries.
- Get Data - Automate input from databases, feeds and internet sources.
- Work Fast - Build prototypes with a fraction of the code.
On the other hand, Sheetlabs provides the following key features:
- Import spreadsheets from CSV, XLS and XLSX formats. You can even Zip or Gzip your spreadsheets first. Replace or update spreadsheet data whenever you like
- Create APIs from your data: define what queries can be made over the data, limit what data is returned and how much
- Interact with the APIs in a variety of formats: JSON, XML, JSONP, YAML and PHP serialised arrays