deepstream.io vs Fanout: What are the differences?
What is deepstream.io? A scalable server for realtime webapps. Scalable Server for Realtime Web Apps with JSON structures that can be read, manipulated and listened to, messages that can be sent to one or more subscribers, and request response workflows, between two clients or servers.
What is Fanout? Realtime APIs made simple. Fanout makes it easy to build realtime APIs and apps. The product is a cross between a reverse proxy and a message broker. Receivers subscribe to channels, and published data is delivered in realtime.
deepstream.io and Fanout can be primarily classified as "Realtime Backend / API" tools.
Some of the features offered by deepstream.io are:
- Stores and syncs data in realtime
- Built in node.js
- Works for browsers, backend & mobile
On the other hand, Fanout provides the following key features:
- Reverse proxy -- integrate realtime with any level of your technology stack, not just your front end.
- Interoperable -- Add realtime to any API, no matter your backend or database, without changing any of your existing API contracts.
- Open -- cloud or self hosted, it’s up to you. We don’t believe in vendor lock-in.
deepstream.io is an open source tool with 6.14K GitHub stars and 315 GitHub forks. Here's a link to deepstream.io's open source repository on GitHub.