Delta Lake vs Vertica: What are the differences?
Developers describe Delta Lake as "Reliable Data Lakes at Scale". An open-source storage layer that brings ACID transactions to Apache Spark™ and big data workloads. On the other hand, Vertica is detailed as "Storage platform designed to handle large volumes of data". It provides a best-in-class, unified analytics platform that will forever be independent from underlying infrastructure.
Delta Lake and Vertica can be primarily classified as "Big Data" tools.
Some of the features offered by Delta Lake are:
- ACID Transactions
- Scalable Metadata Handling
- Time Travel (data versioning)
On the other hand, Vertica provides the following key features:
- Analyze All of Your Data. No longer move data or settle for siloed views
- Achieve Scale and Performance
- Fear of growing data volumes and users is a thing of the past
Delta Lake is an open source tool with 1.39K GitHub stars and 252 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Delta Lake's open source repository on GitHub.