Why people like
RethinkDB is built to store JSON documents, and scale to multiple machines with very little effort. It has a pleasant query language that supports really useful queries like table joins and group by, and is easy to setup and learn.
- JSON data model and immediate consistency.
- Distributed joins, subqueries, aggregation, atomic updates.
- Secondary, compound, and arbitrarily computed indexes.
- Hadoop-style map/reduce.
- Friendly web and command-line administration tools.
- Takes care of machine failures and network interrupts.
- Multi-datacenter replication and failover.
- Sharding and replication to multiple nodes.
- Queries are automatically parallelized and distributed.
- Lock-free operation via MVCC concurrency.
tools that are known for: