Dropmark vs Streem: What are the differences?
Developers describe Dropmark as "Dead simple collaboration in the cloud". Dropmark offers super simple drag-and-drop file sharing, like a number of web apps before it, but if you want to use it for more you can create presentations, slideshows, and collaborate with others just as easily. On the other hand, Streem is detailed as "Unlimited Cloud Storage For Your Media". Unlike other cloud storage tools, Streem takes up no space on your computer, but still gives you instant access to your files without any lag. All media on Streem is converted on-the-fly so you can access it seamlessly regardless of the device or bandwidth.
Dropmark and Streem can be categorized as "File Storage" tools.
Some of the features offered by Dropmark are:
- Drag & Drop- Drag and drop files right from your desktop or web browser. Your files will be automatically uploaded to the cloud.
- Collaborate with your team- Invite colleagues to view and collaborate privately. Share your work with clients and skip e-mail and social media clutter. No sign up required for invited guests.
- Fullscreen presentations- Say goodbye to Powerpoint. Every Dropmark collection can be viewed as a fullscreen presentation. Mix images, videos, websites, and more.
On the other hand, Streem provides the following key features:
- Truly unlimited cloud storage for $20/month. We're able to do this with our de-duplication, compression, and estimation algorithms to figure out how much the average user will store and store only unique copies of files. Based on our data and analysis, with de-duplication and compression, $20/month is enough to cover the cost of an average users' data storage.
- No space and no syncing required. We don't require users to keep copies of files on their device (unlike Dropbox, Google Drive, and other cloud sync tools). We store a single copy in the cloud and stream the file data down on-demand when it's accessed.
- On-the-fly adaptive bitrate video streaming (Apple HLS). Our video streaming technology is able to dynamically fluctuate the quality of the video stream based on the user's available bandwidth. We also transcode videos on-the-fly, so there are no transcoding wait times and users are able to watch videos instantly after upload, on any device, without having to worry about formats, codecs, quality, resolution, or file size.