Pixelapse vs Gource: What are the differences?
What is Pixelapse? Visual Version Control for Designers. Pixelapse Is Where Your Designs Live Version Control + Backup + Collaboration.
What is Gource? A software version control visualization tool. It is an OpenGL-based 3D visualisation tool for source control repositories. The repository is displayed as a tree where the root of the repository is the centre, directories are branches and files are leaves. Contributors to the source code appear and disappear as they contribute to specific files and directories.
Pixelapse and Gource belong to "Visual Version Control" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Pixelapse are:
- Automatic Version Control & Backup
- 50 File Formats and Counting...
- Multi-page File Support
On the other hand, Gource provides the following key features:
- Built-in log generation support for Git, Mercurial, Bazaar and SVN
- Parse logs produced by several third party tools for CVS repositories
- Display is rendered using OpenGL