Graphene vs Graphite: What are the differences?
Developers describe Graphene as "GraphQL framework for Python". Graphene is a Python library for building GraphQL schemas/types fast and easily. On the other hand, Graphite is detailed as "A highly scalable real-time graphing system". Graphite does two things: 1) Store numeric time-series data and 2) Render graphs of this data on demand.
Graphene can be classified as a tool in the "Query Languages" category, while Graphite is grouped under "Monitoring Tools".
Some of the features offered by Graphene are:
- Easy to use: Graphene helps you use GraphQL in Python without effort.
- Relay: Graphene has builtin support for Relay
- Django: Automatic Django model mapping to Graphene Types. Check a fully working Django implementation
On the other hand, Graphite provides the following key features:
- carbon - a Twisted daemon that listens for time-series data
- whisper - a simple database library for storing time-series data (similar in design to RRD)
- graphite webapp - A Django webapp that renders graphs on-demand using Cairo
Graphene and Graphite are both open source tools. It seems that Graphene with 4.72K GitHub stars and 502 forks on GitHub has more adoption than Graphite with 4.59K GitHub stars and 1.2K GitHub forks.
Uber Technologies, Twitch, and hike are some of the popular companies that use Graphite, whereas Graphene is used by A Color Bright, Advance.Careers, and flatfox. Graphite has a broader approval, being mentioned in 97 company stacks & 21 developers stacks; compared to Graphene, which is listed in 11 company stacks and 5 developer stacks.
What is Graphene?
What is Graphite?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
What are the cons of using Graphene?
What are the cons of using Graphite?
What tools integrate with Graphite?
Utilizando computação em nuvens e o modelo de pagar pelo uso com _graphite _nós conseguimos analisar todos os logs de informação gerada pelo sistema.