Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Microsoft Edge vs Internet Explorer: What are the differences?
Microsoft Edge: A fast and secure way to get things done on the web. It is a fast and secure browser designed for Windows 10. Microsoft Edge comes exclusively with Windows 10 and cannot be downloaded or installed separately. It has easy tools to preview, group, and save tabs. Quickly find, manage, and open tabs you set aside without leaving the page you’re on; Internet Explorer: A series of graphical web browsers included in the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems. It is a series of graphical web browsers included in the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, starting in 1995. It was first released as part of the add-on package Plus! for Windows 95 that year.
Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer can be primarily classified as "Web Browser" tools.
Pros of Internet Explorer
Pros of Microsoft Edge
- Sync with Your Phone app7
- Compatible with most Chrome extensions6
- AutoFills passwords without even need for verification5
- Allows PWAs3
- Blocks all trackers by default3
- So secure it needs no VPN3
- World's most secure browser2
- Easy and effective note taking2
- Slower than Safari2
- Open Source1
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Cons of Internet Explorer
Cons of Microsoft Edge
- Sync with Microsoft Account4
- RAM Hungry, but not as hungry as Opera4
- Slightly faster3
- Much faster than safari2
- Not as ram hungry as brave even with ublock1