ipapi vs ipstack: What are the differences?
ipapi: API for IP address geolocation for your website & mobile app. IP Lookup | IP Location API for IP address geolocation for your website & mobile app; ipstack: Locate and identify website visitors by IP address. Locate website visitors for free using ipstack - a free, real-time IP address to location JSON API and database service supporting IPv4 and IPv6 lookup.
ipapi and ipstack can be primarily classified as "IP Address / WHOIS API" tools.
Some of the features offered by ipapi are:
- Secure API for IP address lookup
- Seamless upgrades as traffic grows. No code changes
- E-Mail alerts warn you before you run out of quota
On the other hand, ipstack provides the following key features:
- Know where your customers access your website from and customize user experiences based on IP
- The API covers over 2 million unique locations in more than 200.000 cities around the world
- Years of partnership with large ISPs ensure accurate and consistent data any day of the year
ipstack is an open source tool with 4.66K GitHub stars and 761 GitHub forks. Here's a link to ipstack's open source repository on GitHub.