Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Qt vs JUCE: What are the differences?
What is Qt? A leading cross-platform application and UI framework. Qt, a leading cross-platform application and UI framework. With Qt, you can develop applications once and deploy to leading desktop, embedded & mobile targets.
What is JUCE? Deliver music applications on all main platforms, with high performances and professional tools. It is a C++ framework for low-latency applications, with cross-platform GUI libraries to get your apps running on Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, iOS and Android.
Qt and JUCE are primarily classified as "Cross-Platform Mobile Development" and "Cross-Platform Desktop Development" tools respectively.
JUCE is an open source tool with 1.66K GitHub stars and 682 GitHub forks. Here's a link to JUCE's open source repository on GitHub.
Pros of JUCE
- Cross platform3
- Pure C++ code1
- Open Source1
- Nice GUI1
Pros of Qt
- High Performance17
- Declarative, easy and flexible UI13
- Cross platform12
- Fast prototyping9
- Easiest integration with C++8
- Up to date framework8
- Multiple license including Open Source and Commercial6
- Safe 2D Renderer6
- Great Community Support5
- HW Accelerated UI4
- Game Engine like UI system4
- No history of broken compatibility with a major version3
- JIT and QML Compiler3
- True cross-platform framework with native code compile3
- Reliable for industrial use3
- Pure C++3
- Been using it since the 90s - runs anywhere does it all3
- Easy Integrating to DX and OpenGL and Vulkan2
- From high to low level coding2
- Open source1
- Learning Curve1
- Great mobile support with Felgo add-on1
- Native looking GUI1
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Cons of JUCE
- Free Edition has Made with Juce2
Cons of Qt
- C++ is not so productive4
- Lack of community support2
- Lack of libraries1
- Not detailed documentation1