Mycli vs Sequel Pro: What are the differences?
Mycli: A CLI for MySQL with auto-completion and syntax highlighting. Mycli is a command line interface for MySQL, MariaDB, and Percona with auto-completion and syntax highlighting; Sequel Pro: MySQL database management for Mac OS X. Sequel Pro is a fast, easy-to-use Mac database management application for working with MySQL databases.
Mycli and Sequel Pro can be primarily classified as "Database" tools.
Some of the features offered by Mycli are:
- Auto-completion as you type for SQL keywords as well as tables and columns in the database.
- Syntax highlighting using Pygments.
- Smart-completion (enabled by default) will suggest context-sensitive completion.
On the other hand, Sequel Pro provides the following key features:
- Quickly filter and paginate table content
- Fast, threaded UI
- Document based connections — Save your connection and share it
Mycli and Sequel Pro are both open source tools. Mycli with 7.75K GitHub stars and 475 forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than Sequel Pro with 6.73K GitHub stars and 591 GitHub forks.