NestJS vs Volt: What are the differences?
NestJS and Volt can be primarily classified as "Frameworks (Full Stack)" tools.
Some of the features offered by NestJS are:
- Extensible - Gives you true flexibility by allowing use of any other libraries thanks to modular architecture.
- Versatile - An adaptable ecosystem that is a fully-fledged backbone for all kinds of server-side applications.
On the other hand, Volt provides the following key features:
- Instead of syncing data between the client and server via HTTP, volt uses a persistent connection between the client and server
- When data is updated on one client, it is updated in the database and any other listening clients (with almost no setup code needed)
- Pages HTML is written in a handlebars like template language
"Powerful but super friendly to work with" is the primary reason why developers consider NestJS over the competitors, whereas "Handlebars" was stated as the key factor in picking Volt.
NestJS and Volt are both open source tools. NestJS with 17.4K GitHub stars and 1.22K forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than Volt with 3.3K GitHub stars and 209 GitHub forks.