Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Realm vs Redux Persist: What are the differences?
Realm: Realm makes it easy to build reactive apps, realtime collaborative features, and offline-first experiences. The Realm Mobile Platform is a next-generation data layer for applications. Realm is reactive, concurrent, and lightweight, allowing you to work with live, native objects; Redux Persist: A library to persist and rehydrate a redux store. It is a library allowing to save the redux store in the local storage of your browser. It promises to retain the users’ redux-state which is an attractive proposition for most developers.
Some of the features offered by Realm are:
- Feels like Home - Realm’s data structures look like the Objects and Arrays of your language, but provide additional features such as: querying, relationships & graphs, thread safety, and more.
- Memory-Efficient - Realm is not built on SQLite. Instead, a custom C++ core is used to provide memory-efficient access to your data by using Realm objects, which usually consume less RAM than native objects.
- F-F-Fast! - Realm offers extraordinary performance compared to SQLite and other persistence solutions.
On the other hand, Redux Persist provides the following key features:
- ships with react integration
- State Reconciler
Realm and Redux Persist are both open source tools. Realm with 13.4K GitHub stars and 1.74K forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than Redux Persist with 8.63K GitHub stars and 592 GitHub forks.
According to the StackShare community, Realm has a broader approval, being mentioned in 59 company stacks & 51 developers stacks; compared to Redux Persist, which is listed in 4 company stacks and 3 developer stacks.
Pros of Realm
- Cloud Syncing3
- Elegant API3
- React Native Support2
- Strong Adoption Growth1
Pros of Redux Persist
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Cons of Realm
- No offline support for web till now1