Skype vs Viber: What are the differences?
Developers describe Skype as "Voice calls, instant messaging, file transfer, and video conferencing". Skype’s text, voice and video make it simple to share experiences with the people that matter to you, wherever they are. On the other hand, Viber is detailed as "*Free and secure calls and messages *". It is a cross-platform instant messaging and voice over IP application provided as freeware for the Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS platforms.
Skype can be classified as a tool in the "Web and Video Conferencing" category, while Viber is grouped under "Phone".
Some of the features offered by Skype are:
- Calling- Make free Skype to Skype calls or call mobiles and landlines home and abroad at low rates.
- Video- Catch up face to face or get a whole group together on a video call.
- Messaging- You're always in the loop with instant messaging, voice messaging and sending texts.
On the other hand, Viber provides the following key features:
- Send texts, photos, videos and more
- Make HD-quality calls and switch to video easily
- Record quick-sending voice and video messages