Skype vs Webex: What are the differences?
Skype: Voice calls, instant messaging, file transfer, and video conferencing. Skype’s text, voice and video make it simple to share experiences with the people that matter to you, wherever they are; Webex: Connect with anyone, anywhere, any time. Collaborate with colleagues across your organization, or halfway across the planet. Meet online and share files, information, and expertise. Collaborate from wherever you are with WebEx mobile apps for IPhone, iPad, Android, or Blackberry. If you can get online, you can work together.
Skype and Webex belong to "Web and Video Conferencing" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Skype are:
- Calling- Make free Skype to Skype calls or call mobiles and landlines home and abroad at low rates.
- Video- Catch up face to face or get a whole group together on a video call.
- Messaging- You're always in the loop with instant messaging, voice messaging and sending texts.
On the other hand, Webex provides the following key features:
- Invite and remind participants - invite participants to an online meeting that has already started via email, voice conference, or instant messenger, and send reminders about your upcoming meeting.
- Use integrated WebEx audio – create a more productive meeting experience with integrated WebEx audio.
- Record your meeting - record your actions during your meeting so you can review the discussion at a later time, or send to colleagues who couldn’t attend.
Typeform, Starbucks, and PedidosYa are some of the popular companies that use Skype, whereas Webex is used by Eyereturn Marketing, Collibra, and OutSystems. Skype has a broader approval, being mentioned in 736 company stacks & 733 developers stacks; compared to Webex, which is listed in 6 company stacks and 10 developer stacks.
What is Skype?
What is Webex?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Webex?
What are the cons of using Webex?
What tools integrate with Skype?
What tools integrate with Webex?
they really have an awesome and fast support.. Thanks http://www.followthesteps.net/sky-contact-phone-number/
Three reasons why people like Skype that I am compelling: 1. It's simple and easy to use 2. Good video calling quality 3. It's cheap and very efficient Very popular too
We are using Skype to help your customers in realtime. Sometimes you need to chat or talk with customer right away and this is best option for us right now.
Skype is one of the better methods I've found for IM communication, and most of my clients have it. Mostly use it when there is a need for screensharing.
Skype is far by one of the best video calling apps I've ever used(After Google Duo) It has a very simple User Interface, hence is a favorite of mine.
Allows us to communicate with our employees who are all in different countries when they are not logged into Slack. Also used to vet new employees.