Solis vs Vim-Plug: What are the differences?
Developers describe Solis as "Real time, multi viewport previewing of HTML, CSS, SCSS and LESS as you write it". Live Design Output that integrates seamlessly with your favourite code editor. Delivering real time, multi viewport previewing of HTML, CSS, SCSS and LESS as you write it. On the other hand, Vim-Plug is detailed as "A minimalist Vim plugin manager". A minimalist Vim plugin manager.
Solis and Vim-Plug can be categorized as "Tools for Text Editors" tools.
Some of the features offered by Solis are:
- Multiple Viewports - Effortlessly draw, resize and arrange multiple viewports that simultaneously display your live code
- Real Time Preview - Instantly preview HTML, CSS, SCSS and LESS as you write it
- Live Reload - Changes made to the files in your project are identified and automatically displayed across all viewports, saving you time
On the other hand, Vim-Plug provides the following key features:
- Easier to setup: Single file. No boilerplate code required.
- Easier to use: Concise, intuitive syntax
- Super-fast parallel installation/update (requires +ruby)
Vim-Plug is an open source tool with 15.2K GitHub stars and 683 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Vim-Plug's open source repository on GitHub.