What is Apache CloudStack?
Apache CloudStack is open source software designed to deploy and manage large networks of virtual machines, as a highly available, highly scalable Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud computing platform.
Apache CloudStack is a tool in the Open Source Cloud category of a tech stack.
Apache CloudStack is an open source tool with 752 GitHub stars and 713 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Apache CloudStack's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Apache CloudStack?
11 companies reportedly use Apache CloudStack in their tech stacks, including Spotify, Accenture, and www.autotrader.co.uk.
21 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Apache CloudStack.
Why developers like Apache CloudStack?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Apache CloudStack
Apache CloudStack's Features
- Works with hosts running XenServer/XCP, KVM, Hyper-V, and/or VMware ESXi with vSphere
- Provides a friendly Web-based UI for managing the cloud
- Provides a native API
- May provide an Amazon S3/EC2 compatible API (optional)
- Manages storage for instances running on the hypervisors (primary storage) as well as templates, snapshots, and ISO images (secondary storage)
- Orchestrates network services from the data link layer (L2) to some application layer (L7) services, such as DHCP, NAT, firewall, VPN, and so on
- Accounting of network, compute, and storage resources
- Multi-tenancy/account separation
- User management
Apache CloudStack Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Apache CloudStack?
OpenStack is a cloud operating system that controls large pools of compute, storage, and networking resources throughout a datacenter, all managed through a dashboard that gives administrators control while empowering their users to provision resources through a web interface.
Eucalyptus is open source software for building private, AWS-compatible IT, QA, and developer clouds. It makes it easy to deliver cloud computing, just like AWS, from within your data center.
Software as a service platform for hosting providers.