What is Electron?
Who uses Electron?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Electron in their tech stack.
The appropriate programming language is required to deploy GUI programs used by small people for continuous updates. I'm currently developing with PyQt, but I'm having trouble implementing the update. So when I make my next program, I want to use a development language with a lot of community or documents, which one is good, Electron or PyQt? Or are there other options such as Java or C lang?
I create desktop applications that use a database for storing data. My applications are used as management tools in supermarkets, stores, warehouses, and other places. I don't know which one to use; Electron or JavaFX. Can anyone advise me on this matter?
I am building a desktop application for Windows. I have worked with Electron earlier but it doesn't seem to work on a few Windows systems, also has no support for win7. Which language/framework should be chosen to cover a wide range of Windows versions including 7 or should I stick to Electron only?
Kiosk App on Raspberry Pi
- I have a personal project that I'm developing into a Kiosk app and am considering deploying it on a RaspberryPi as a semi-portable controller user interface.
- I'm new to RaspberryPi, I know my way around Debian though, and so I've researched a few Electron tutorials on using Electron on a RaspberryPI and they seem to be what I'm looking for.
- However, I'd love to hear your comments and suggestions in working with Electron on the RaspberryPi, in particular in Kiosk with a touchscreen for user input.
- What's the performance like, are there memory constraints, any reliability issues I should be aware of?
- Once the project is at a working stage I plan to open source it on my GitHub for further input and development.
- I write for the browser and server backend environments using Web technologies and Node.js.
Hello friends. This is my first "post" here. I'm new to programming :)
Is it possible to use Electron in a web application that has Ruby on the backend?
We want to create a 3D web and desktop(Windows and macOS) application with a lot of functionalities. This is a 3D furniture customization application in which we give options to add, delete, scale, move, rotate objects. Something like a floor planner. We are also going to add AR and VR.
I am thinking about using Electron or Unity. Please recommend what should I choose for this purpose. Please consider that we have to develop for web and desktop (windows and mac) all platforms.
- Electron is open source
- maintained by GitHub and an active community.
- Electron apps build and run on Mac, Windows, and Linux.
- Automatic updates
- Crash reporting
- Windows installers
- Debugging & profiling
- Native menus & notifications