What is GraphiQL?
An in-browser IDE for exploring GraphQL.
GraphiQL is a tool in the Database Tools category of a tech stack.
GraphiQL is an open source tool with 14.8K GitHub stars and 1.7K GitHub forks. Here’s a link to GraphiQL's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses GraphiQL?
29 companies reportedly use GraphiQL in their tech stacks, including caredoc, Microsoft, and Tipe.
88 developers on StackShare have stated that they use GraphiQL.
Pros of GraphiQL
Install by npm
Decisions about GraphiQL
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose GraphiQL in their tech stack.
Our whole Vue.js frontend stack (incl. SSR) consists of the following tools:
- Vue Styleguidist as our style guide and pool of developed Vue.js components
- Vuetify as Material Component Framework (for fast app development)
- TypeScript as programming language
- Apollo / GraphQL (incl. GraphiQL) for data access layer (https://apollo.vuejs.org/)
- ESLint, TSLint and Prettier for coding style and code analyzes
- Jest as testing framework
- Google Fonts and Font Awesome for typography and icon toolkit
- NativeScript-Vue for mobile development
The main reason we have chosen Vue.js over React and AngularJS is related to the following artifacts:
- Empowered HTML. Vue.js has many similar approaches with Angular. This helps to optimize HTML blocks handling with the use of different components.
- Detailed documentation. Vue.js has very good documentation which can fasten learning curve for developers.
- Adaptability. It provides a rapid switching period from other frameworks. It has similarities with Angular and React in terms of design and architecture.
- Awesome integration. Vue.js can be used for both building single-page applications and more difficult web interfaces of apps. Smaller interactive parts can be easily integrated into the existing infrastructure with no negative effect on the entire system.
- Large scaling. Vue.js can help to develop pretty large reusable templates.
- Tiny size. Vue.js weights around 20KB keeping its speed and flexibility. It allows reaching much better performance in comparison to other frameworks.
GraphiQL Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to GraphiQL?
See all alternatives
GraphQL is a data query language and runtime designed and used at Facebook to request and deliver data to mobile and web apps since 2012.
Build a universal GraphQL API on top of your existing REST APIs, so you can ship new application features fast without waiting on backend changes.
It is the only complete API development environment, used by nearly five million developers and more than 100,000 companies worldwide.
An architectural style for developing web services. A distributed system framework that uses Web protocols and technologies.
It is a modern database query and access library for Scala. It allows you to work with stored data almost as if you were using Scala collections while at the same time giving you full control over when a database access happens and which data is transferred.