What is Instrumental?
Instrumental is a real-time application and server monitoring platform. With over a million datapoints processed every second, we're one of the highest scale monitoring services.
Instrumental is a tool in the Performance Monitoring category of a tech stack.
Who uses Instrumental?
7 companies reportedly use Instrumental in their tech stacks, including Business Infrastructure Systems, Global Nights, and Gauges.
6 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Instrumental.
- Application monitoring - we accept any volume of arbitrary data, making it easy to set up graphs to measure the performance of your application in real time
- Server monitoring - Ruby apps can use our instrumental tools gem to monitor information like CPU statistics, memory usage, disk space, and all the other things you'll need to monitor your servers. Language support - Ruby is supported using a custom library, and all other languages are supported with our Statsd backend
- RESTful API - upon authentication, data is collected and returned in strict JSON format
- Powerful query language - easily retrieve and graph a set of metrics matching a particular pattern
- Highly scalable - Instrumental processes billions of data points per day
- Built for teams - add team members, manage roles and permissions, and easily share graphs
- Alerts - you can be notified via email, text message or at an http endpoint you control
- Embedded graphs - create a graph and use it outside of the service with an embedded link
Instrumental Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Instrumental?
See all alternatives
Make your code flexible and robust, using the dependency injection container of your choice.
New Relic is the all-in-one web application performance tool that lets you see performance from the end user experience, through servers, and down to the line of application code.
Datadog is the leading service for cloud-scale monitoring. It is used by IT, operations, and development teams who build and operate applications that run on dynamic or hybrid cloud infrastructure. Start monitoring in minutes with Datadog!
Ruxit is a all-in-one performance monitoring solution for cloud natives. In under five minutes customizable dashboard views show you your application's performance data.
AppDynamics develops application performance management (APM) solutions that deliver problem resolution for highly distributed applications through transaction flow monitoring and deep diagnostics.